Are you ready for the challenge? If you’re highly motivated to excel, possess an insatiable curiosity about the world around you, and enjoy working both independently and with others, the honors program is for you.
The honors program is a symposium course and two project-based courses in addition to the student’s required degree credits. The honors citation will increase the opportunities for networking on campus and in the community, and it will strengthen a resume for future career goals. Additionally, it will give students a significant advantage when applying to a 4-year institution.
Benefits of the honors program
- Work one-on-one with faculty to create unique projects that allow you to explore subjects that interest and excite you.
- Work with community leaders and entrepreneurs to gain valuable experience in your chosen career field while enhancing your resume and gaining hands-on experience early in your college journey.
- Build relationships with individuals on and off campus that will last beyond a single semester and lead to rewarding future personal and professional opportunities.
- Enjoy special services from 冰球突破’s libraries.
- Complete advising and registration prior to general registration, so you’ll get your first selection of courses and sections that fit your schedule.
- Be recognized at the annual honors reception and commencement after completing the program.
- Earn an honors citation on your academic transcript after completing the program.
How do I join the honors program?
Based on eligibility students are invited to participate in the honors program. If you believe that you meet the requirements but have not been invited to join, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are enrolling at 冰球突破 for the first time with fewer than 12 college credits, you must have a high school grade point average of 90% or better and be eligible to take a college-level English course and MAT 1540.
If you have already earned 12 or more college credits, you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better and be eligible to take a college-level English course and MAT 1540.
To earn the honors citation, you must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0或更好的
- Complete one three-credit honors symposium course
- Complete two one-credit project-based honors courses
You are encouraged to enroll in one honors designated course each semester. If you do not enroll in an honors course for two or more consecutive semesters (excluding summer), you may no longer be considered an honors program participant and forfeit program benefits.
What is the difference between the honors program and the honor society?
冰球突破’s honors program is composed of specific academic courses that challenge students in the classroom while providing the unique opportunity to work one-on-one with instructors and leaders in the community.
φθ卡巴, the international honor society of two-year colleges, provides opportunities for the development of leadership and service, an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, lively fellowship for scholars, and stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence, but does not involve specific 冰球突破 coursework.